BASE METALS 2011
Sponsorship Packages (PDF)
Sixth Southern African Base Metals Conference
Phalaborwa, South Africa, 18-20 July 2011
The Sixth International Base Metals Conference, to be held in Phalaborwa for
the first time in 2011, follows on from the previous five bi-annual
conferences held in the southern African region.
- 1st Base Metals Conference, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, July 2001
- 2nd Base Metals Conference, Sun City, South Africa, 2003
3rd Base Metals Conference, Kitwe, Zambia, June 2005
4th Base Metals Conference, Swakopmund, Namibia, August 2007
5th Base Metals Conference, Kasane, Botswana, July 2009
6th Base Metals Conference, Phalaborwa, South Africa, July 2011
The sixth event is scheduled to take place at the Hans Merensky Resort,
Phalaborwa, over three days, including technical tours.
The organising committee is looking forward to your participation at the
conference in July 2011.
Papers are invited in the following areas:
- New projects
- Novel technologies relating to this industry
- The current status of research and development
- Socio-economic challenges
- Compliance with legislation and codes of practice
- Product differentiation
- Vertical integration and value enhancement
- All fields of base metals mining
- All fields of base metals metallurgy
- Conformance to environmental requirements
This conference is being organized by the
Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
(SAIMM), and the organising committee
is chaired by Paul Fouche (Paul.Fouche@exxaro.com).